Friends of the Civic Arts Plaza
The Friends of the Civic Arts Plaza (Friends) is an auxiliary non-profit organization created by the City Council in 1994 to support the Civic Arts Plaza theaters. The Friends provide volunteer ushers and serve as ambassadors of goodwill for the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza to the patrons, performers and the community of Thousand Oaks. Our volunteer program is designed to allow individuals to utilize their talents, skills and previous organizational experience in support of the Civic Arts Plaza. The Friends are managed by a 15-member Board of Directors. The Directors are elected by the general membership at the Friends annual general meeting in May. Board meetings are held on a monthly basis and each committee will conduct monthly meetings.
Click here for the link to our application TBD
Note: Any applications for volunteering as "ushers" won't be held until our next training class. You will be contacted by the usher coordinator.
As a member of the Friends you may also elect to volunteer on one of our committees:
- Hospitality - Host refreshments for special events.
- Membership – Maintains membership records and member dues.
- Multimedia – Supports MuseLetter and Website.
- Office Angels – Assists by retrieving messages left on the Friends phone and referring them to the proper parties.
- Public Relations – Press releases
- Ushers – Adult - Provides ushers for performances and events at the Fred Kavli Theatre and the Scherr Forum. (Training is required)
- Ushers – Youth - Provides opportunity for the youth of the community (14-18 year old senior high students) as part of their community service programs. (Training is required)
- Ways and Means - Conducts fundraising and arranges cultural tours for the Friends members.
If you would like a copy, Members of Friends may request a copy to be sent to them via e-mail. Send your request with your e-mail address to email@example.com
Meetings and Special Events
Friends of the Civic Arts Plaza Board of Directors Meeting
2nd Tuesday of the Month
6:00pm - Oak Room – Civic Arts Plaza
Friends of the Civic Arts Plaza General Meeting and Board of Directors Election
May 17, 2017
Scherr Forum - Civic Arts Plaza
New Usher Training:
August 2017 TBD
Call 805 449-2741 and leave your name and number for a call back.
Special Events -
None at this time.